We have an awesome opportunity for a talented, creative, driven, out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for all things marketing to join us. Marketing at SurTech is true performance marketing, driven by data, automation, a creative mindset, with a high attention to detail. Spend your days assisting with the hands-on implementation of all marketing strategy and company initiatives to achieve targets and key performance indicators.
- General marketing administration: Provide administrative assistance, draft, proofread and check documentation, plan- ahead for recurring events & tasks, compile and edit PowerPoint slide decks.
- Event management: Co-ordinate in-person client events, client webinars, staff/company events.
- Video & photography: Write scripts, film, and edit inhouse videos. Capture the essence of the SurTech culture through photos.
- Event coordination: Plan and arrange in-person client events throughout Africa, online webinars as well as staff events such as company day, year-end party, and other ad hoc events.
- High attention to detail, has been called OCD in the past: Triple check all documents and content.
- Website administration: Create, upload, and manage website content.
- Social media management: Content creation and manage content calendar.
- Marketing emails: Create copy and artwork as well as build and distribute digital mailers and automated journeys using Pardot.
- Digital marketing: Roll-out and manage digital marketing activities. Including but not limited to Google Ads, remarketing, PPC, SEO, Linkedin and Google analytics.
- Marketing reporting: Prepare accurate reports for various traditional & digital marketing campaign’s overall performances and provide suggestions for performance improvements.
Technical knowledge, skills & abilities
- Practical experience with a range of traditional and digital marketing techniques and technologies.
- Solid knowledge of digital and social media marketing platforms, especially within the B2B space i.e., Google Ads, Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram etc
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages, such as Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Behavioural, soft competencies & skills
- Great time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management.
- A readiness to work hard.
- Innovative & creative problem solver with a thirst for learning and continually looking for ways to do things better.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Creativity with a focus on results.
- Highly organised with a good eye for detail. Someone with OCD tendencies will fit in perfectly.
- Solid understanding of SEO, Google advertising, statistics management, & content creation.
- Highly creative but balanced with excellent analytical abilities.
- Strong copy writing skills and able to write using English business language.
- Basic graphic design knowledge.
Details of preferred experience
- At least 1-year hands-on marketing experience across digital and traditional marketing.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe CS and any mainstream email marketing tool such as Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, Mailchimp.
- Basic graphic design experience
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) software, such as Salesforce